A Bacon and Bourbon Extravaganza
It’s the best of both worlds when bacon and bourbon collide.
- 6 slices of Farmland ® Hickory Smoked Thick Cut Bacon
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 6 oz bourbon
- 3 cups root beer
- 1 1/3 cup vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet and lay slices of bacon on it.
- Cook the bacon for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the slices of bacon evenly with brown sugar and cook for an additional 5 minutes until crunchy.
- Once the bacon is cool, chop into tiny pieces. Set aside.
- In a large measuring cup, add bourbon and root beer. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Evenly divide the ice cream between four tall glasses. Fill each glass with a quarter of the bourbon and root beer mixture.
- Sprinkle with the bacon bits and let the good times roll!