Be his favorite this Father’s Day
Make him these bacon-battered onion rings with chipotle crema.
3 cups vegetable oil
1 cup whole milk
2 Tbsp. bacon fat
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. smoked paprika
6 Farmland® Bacon slices, cooked, minced
2 large Vidalia onions, peeled, sliced into rings
Salt, to taste
½ cup sour cream
1 cup mayo
1 Tbsp. lime juice
3 chipotle peppers with adobo sauce, minced
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients but seasonings, and season with salt and pepper. (Amount of chipotles can be adjusted to personal taste.
- Optional: Add a small amount of bacon rendering into the sauce for additional flavor
- In large heavy-bottomed pot, heat vegetable oil to 350°F.
- In medium bowl, whisk milk, bacon fat, flour, baking powder and paprika until smooth.
- Add minced bacon and stir to combine.
- Dip onion rings into batter, covering completely. Carefully add to oil and cook in batches until golden brown.
- Remove and season with salt.
- Serve with Chipotle Crema.