Bacon Meatball Sandwich
When Bacon Meets Meatballs!
A Sandwich Sub That’s a Summer Game Changer.
1 pound Farmland smoked bacon
12 ounces ground beef
8 ounces ground pork
2 tsp salt
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp dry oregano
½ tsp ground fennel
½ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
½ tsp crushed red pepper (or to taste)
1. Cut the bacon into 1-inch pieces and place into a bowl of a food processor.
2. Pulse the bacon until evenly ground.
3. In a large bowl, combine the bacon with the rest of the ingredients.
4. Mix gently until evenly combined.
5. Scoop the meatballs into 1½-inch balls.
6. Place on a parchment lined pan and chill uncovered for at least two hours.
7.Heat oven to 400F. Once meatballs are chilled, heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
8. Add the meatballs and brown thoroughly on all sides.
9. Transfer to a baking sheet until the rest of the meatballs are browned.
10. Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.
TOMATO SAUCE (about 2 cups)
6 tbsp unsalted butter
One 28 ounce can of peeled San Marzano tomatoes
1 large red onion, peeled and cut in half
1 clove garlic, minced fine
1/2 tsp ground fennel
1/2 tsp dry oregano
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1/4 tsp dry thyme
1. In a medium pot over medium heat, melt the butter until it foams.
2. Add tomatoes, garlic and onion and simmer for 1 hour.
3. Remove and discard the onion. Simmer & stir often for 1 hour.
4. Taste the sauce and season with salt as desired.
1. Melt 2 teaspoons of butter on a roll with 1/2 clove fresh minced garlic.
2. Brush the butter on the roll and toast until golden.
3. Added shredded mozzarella cheese.