Weave Bacon into Your Next Turkey Dinner
At Farmland, we believe every bird could use a little bacon. So here you have it in all its glory: our Bacon Weave Turkey recipe.
HOW TO MAKE A BACON WEAVE TURKEY
Make sure you share pics of your bacon bird experience!
- Make Bacon Mat with 13 slices of bacon; 6 vertical and 7 horizontal slices.
- Interlace the bacon in alternating up/down format.
- Your final weave should look like this.
- Time to make the Bacon Butter – Use the remaining raw bacon, 1 cup butter, 1/2 cup sage, 1/4 cup rosemary.
- Pull skin away from meat. Stuff ¾’s of Bacon Herb Butter under skin.
- Spread remaining ¼ Bacon Herb Butter over top of turkey – concentrating on legs and wings.
- Stuff into turkey cavity – 2 stalks celery (quartered), 1 large yellow onion (quartered),1 bunch sage and 1/2 bunch rosemary.
- Carefully lift Bacon Mat off cutting board and place over top of turkey. Re-weave and fix (if necessary) so the bacon lays nice.
- Roast turkey 20 minutes at 450°F. Then turn temp. down to 350°F. and roast until internal temperature reaches 165°F.