Candied Bacon Sweet Potatoes
Have their ever been four words more perfectly combined in a recipe? We think not.
But don’t just take our word for it. Try the recipe for yourself.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Serves: Makes 6 servings
- 1 (29-oz.) can sweet potatoes in syrup, drained
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, divided
- 10 slices Fully Cooked Farmland Hickory Smoked Bacon - Classic Cut, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup pecan pieces
- Heat oven to 425°F. Arrange sweet potatoes in greased 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
- Combine 2 tablespoons butter and 1/4 cup brown sugar in small saucepan; bring to a boil. Drizzle over sweet potatoes. Bake at 425°F. for 15 minutes on rack in center of oven.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar, bacon and pecans.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven. Set oven to broil leaving rack in center of oven.
- Sprinkle bacon mixture over top of sweet potatoes. Broil on center rack for 2 to 3 minutes until sugar is bubbly and pecans start to brown.