CHICKEN FRIED BACON RECIPE
“Wait,” you might say. “Isn’t bacon already fried?” To that, we reply: Not. Like. This.
Here’s how you can make Chicken Fried Bacon for yourself:
15 strips, Farmland Hickory Smoked Thick Cut bacon
1.5 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup buttermilk
1 tbsp cayenne pepper
1.5 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
Salt and Pepper
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk them together until they are combined nicely.
- Add eggs and milk to the mixture and continue to whisk until all the lumps have gone and the mixture is smooth. Let stand 5-10 minutes.
- Dip a strip of bacon in, swirl it around and then place it in a pan of vegetable oil or a deep fryer at 350°F.
- Fry the bacon for 10 minutes, until the outside is crispy and brown.
- Eat the crispy bacon goodness.