Double Dip on These Slam-Dunk Bacon Recipes
Delicious and easier to make than a layup.
Bacon and Tomato Guacamole
- 1 ¼ pounds ripe avocados halved & pitted
- 1/2 medium white onion diced
- 5 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1 medium tomato, cored & diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tbsp minced chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 Tsp kosher salt
- Scoop the flesh from the avocados into a large bowl.
- Mash with the back of a large fork or a potato masher to make a chunky paste.
- Place the onion in a small strainer and rinse under cold water.
- Shake off the excess water and transfer to the bowl with the avocados.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Taste and season with lime juice and salt as needed.
- Garnish with the extra cilantro and serve immediately, or place a sheet of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole and refrigerate for up to 2 hours, then garnish with the cilantro and serve.
Bacon Cheese Dip
- 4 slices of bacon
- 8 oz. shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 green onions chopped
- 4 butter round crackers
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- Place bacon in a large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain, crumble and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese with mayonnaise until smooth.
- Stir in Swiss cheese, onions and bacon.
- Place bowl in microwave and cook 2 minutes.
- Remove and stir well.
- Return to microwave and cook 2 to 4 minutes more.
- Sprinkle crushed crackers on top and serve.