HOW TO MAKE BACON SALT
Think about how much better a sprinkle of salt makes popcorn, eggs and countless baked goods. Now think about how those things would be even more amazing with a sprinkle of BACON SALT.
Bacon salt is exactly what you think it is – a simple mix of bacon and salt. Here’s how you do it.
- Cook 5-10 bacon strips in the oven until very, very crisp.
- Drain/dry grease off of bacon.
- Once cooled, crush bacon into grainy bits in a food processor or in a mortar and pestle.
- Mix in salt; if you want even more flavor, also mix in a dash of ground black pepper.
- Store final mix in a jar.
Share pics of your bacon salt usage on our Facebook page.