HOW TO MAKE JALAPENO BACON GRILLED CHEESE
It’s time grilled cheese sandwiches got a kick in the taste buds, and that’s exactly what this recipe does thanks to jalapenos, and of course, BACON.
For an even spicier take, include Farmland Sriracha bacon.
- 2 bread slices
- Slices of mozzarella, cheddar and pepper jack
- 3-4 slices of cooked bacon; you can leave whole or cut into bite size pieces
- 2 decently sized jalapenos, deseeded
- Slice jalapenos in small half circles and sauté them in the grease that’s left over from the bacon you cooked. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Assemble sandwich to your preference, alternating cheeses and placing bacon strips and jalapenos in between cheese slices.
- Now it’s time to grill your sandwich, but first spray skillet with olive oil (or even consider cooking in the bacon grease itself).
- Spread butter on the outward facing bread slices.
- Cook over a medium heat, flipping the sandwich until the bread is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted. Keep an eye on the sandwich so as not to burn it (unless that’s how you like your grilled cheese!)
- Remove the sandwich from the skillet, consider slicing it in half, and prepare yourself for the best tasting grilled cheese sandwich you've ever had.