Make dad proud with the ultimate dessert
Sweeten up this Father’s day with a crispy upgrade to dessert.
1 cup unsalted butter
2 cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup raw sugar
1 ½ cups milk chocolate in chip sized chunks
1 large egg
Flaky sea salt
1/4 cup maple syrup
12 slices Farmland bacon minced
1 pint of ice cream
1. Position an oven rack in the center of an oven and preheat to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
1. In a medium frying pan, sauté the bacon until the fat has rendered and the bacon is crisp.
2. Drain the fat from the pan. Add the maple syrup and mix.
3. Sauté 1-2 minutes until the syrup becomes thick. Transfer to a small bowl and let it cool.
1. With a handheld mixer, blend the butter and sugars for 3-5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
2. Add the egg into the mix and beat it for 1 minute.
3. Add the vanilla and beat for 30 seconds more.
4. Stir in the flour and baking soda with a wooden spoon.
5. Add and stir in the bacon and the chocolate.
6. Scoop heaping tablespoons of dough onto the baking sheet and sprinkle it with a little sea salt.
7. Bake for 9-10 minutes or until its golden around the edges.
8. Let the cookies cool for a minute, and transfer them on a wire rack.
1. Slice off about a 1-inch thick circle of ice cream from the bottom of the pint.
2. Place the circle of ice cream between two bacon cookies and enjoy!