Make It a Crispy Cocktail Hour
Because cocktails are a great way of getting more bacon into your February
2 strips bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled into chunks
5 oz bourbon
1 tbsp unflavored gelatin
¼ cup cold water
½ cup boiling water
2 tbsp brown sugar
½ cup apple juice
3 to 4 strips bacon
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ tbsp cayenne
1 Place bacon chunks and bourbon in an air-tight container and let it sit for 3 hours.
2. Remove bacon, recover container and place in the fridge for 2 hours.
3. Strain bourbon through a fine mesh sieve. Set aside.
1. Place the 12 plastic cups in a baking pan.
2. Pour the gelatin into a medium mixing bowl.
3. Add cold water and stir to combine. Let it sit until the gelatin has been absorbed.
4. Add boiling water, and whisk until gelatin has dissolved.
5. Pour in apple juice and bacon infused bourbon, stir to combine.
6. Pour the apple juice mixture into the plastic cups. Distribute evenly.
7. Place the baking dish in refrigerator for 6 hours, or until the gelatin has set.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and cayenne.
3. Pour onto a plate and spread into an even layer.
4. Lay the bacon strips on top of the brown sugar, and coat the bacon.
5. Flip the strips over and repeat.
6. Lay the bacon on the prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake for 7 minutes, flip the bacon over, and bake for another 5 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and transfer the bacon to a plate coated in non-stick cooking spray and let rest until cool.
9. Chop the bacon into tiny pieces.
10. Pour ½ teaspoon crumbled bacon on to each gelatin shot and spread it onto an even layer.
11. Place plastic lid on each cup and store in the fridge until ready to serve.