A Bacon Treat That Puts Halloween Over the Top
Maple Bacon Caramel Corn
An old-fashioned treat with a crispy new twist. Combining maple syrup and chunks of bacon bits, this salty-sweet recipe is so good, it’s scary-delicious.
5 slices Farmland bacon
6-8 cups air-popped popcorn
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla or maple extract
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup pecan pieces or halves (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 250° F.
2. In a medium skillet, cook the Farmland bacon until crispy.
3. Transfer the bacon to a plate and crumble it into chunky pieces. Reserve 1-2 tablespoons of the bacon drippings.
4. Spray a large bowl with nonstick spray and put the popcorn in (pecans are optional).
5. Combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and bacon drippings into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
6. Swirl the pan occasionally for about 4 minutes.
7. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla and baking soda (It will foam up at first).
8. Quickly pour it over the popcorn as you add the reserved bacon.
9. Spread onto a cookie sheet or roasting pan and bake for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
10. Let it cool and enjoy!