national dog day
Happy National Dog Day! To celebrate, we are sharing this bacon, cheese and apple recipe for all the family dogs who love Farmland just as much as we do.
Cheesy Bacon and Apple Dog Treat Recipe
Makes “ruff-ly” 30 treats
3 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons of olive or sunflower oil
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 large apple, grated (be sure to remove the apple seeds)
2 tablespoons dry parsley
2-3 pieces Farmland Bacon, crumbled
1 cup almond milk/water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Fry up the Farmland Bacon in a frying pan. Let cool on paper towels and crumble.
- Mix egg, oil and milk or water together in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, mix flour and dry parsley. Add wet mixture to dry.
- Once the wet mixture has been poured in, add in cheese, apple and crumbled bacon. Mix well, knead with hands if necessary.
- Roll out onto floured counter, about 1/4″ thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut out treats and place on cookie sheets.
- Leave in oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool five minutes.
- Share with your Farmland furry friend!