Sweet n Salty
No tricks here, only treats. Satisfy your sweet tooth with this scary good Farmland Bacon Caramel Popcorn.
Bacon Caramel Popcorn
8 slices of Farmland® Hickory Smoked Classic Cut Bacon
1 bag of microwave popcorn (popped, preferably plain)
1 1/2 cups of brown sugar (packed)
1 stick of unsalted butter
1/3 cup of pure maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
2 cups of pecans (toasted, chopped)
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla
1. Preheat your oven to 275 degrees.
2. Cook the bacon slices until crispy. Drain on paper towels. Once cool, coarsely chop into pieces.
3. In a large bowl, toss together the popped popcorn, bacon pieces and pecans. Set aside.
4. In a medium sauce pan, add the butter, brown sugar and maple syrup. Melt, stirring and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Remove from heat and add the vanilla and baking soda.
6. Working quickly, pour the caramel over the popcorn mixture and stir until all the pieces are covered.
7. Spread out onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
8. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
9. Remove from oven, break apart a bit and then let it cool.