THE BACON DONUT BREAKFAST SANDWICH
In honor of National Donut Day (June 5th), we give you the Bacon Donut Breakfast Sandwich.
Bacon. Egg. Cheese. Spinach. All smashed between two donuts. Yes, it’s as glorious as it sounds. Get the recipe below:
- 4 slices Farmland Hickory Smoked Thick Cut bacon
- 4 glazed donuts
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 cups baby spinach (optional)
- 4 slices real Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs
- Fry the bacon for 10 minutes, until the outside is crispy and brown.
- Heat olive oil in a large deep skillet over medium high heat and sauté spinach until wilted. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat until melted. Carefully crack eggs into skillet and fry until yolk is done.
- Assemble sandwiches as follows: donut bottom, spinach, egg, slice of cheese, bacon, donut top.
- Take a big bite as soon as possible!