This bacon appetizer brings it
This hot potato is not something you want to fumble. It’s got a bacon-stuffed, cheddar-laced touchdown dance of its own.
4 large Russet potatoes, washed
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, thinly sliced
Fresh ground black pepper
8 ounces Monterey Jack and Colby cheese blend (or your favorite)
16 ounces of thick cut Farmland bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place a potato on a cutting board with wood skewers on each side (lengthwise).
- Slice potato about 3/4 of the way through. The skewers will keep you from cutting all the way through. Cut to about 1/8" thickness.
- Drizzle potatoes with olive oil and place a piece butter in every few slices.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for about 1 hour.
- Remove from oven, and stuff 2 ounces of cheese and 1/4 of your bacon into each potato.
- Return to oven and cook for 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
Serve and enjoy!